I am a Smart Coder – Kiddo Inventor (Age: 6-8)
If you love games and want to learn how to make them, then this course will really help you down that path. Making games is a creative and technical art form. In this course, you will familiarize yourself with the tools and practices of game development. You will get started developing your own videogames using the industry-standard game development tools, including the variables block and operator block.
At the end of the course, you will have completed four hands-on projects and will be able to leverage an array of game development techniques to create your own basic games. This course is for individuals interested in becoming game designers, game artists, or game programmers.
What you will learn
- You will learn how to create programs, make games and solve programming problems.
- Build a complete understanding of Scratch 3.0, Code.org, Blockly, Tynker, and Grasshopper from the ground up!
- Understand all the fundamental programming principles.
- Understand complex programming topics.
- Learn to use Scratch, Code.org, Blockly, Tynker, and Grasshopper to develop games!
In this course, you will understand what defines a “game” and the mechanics and rules behind different types of games. Through four linked assignments you’ll learn ways to create and describe a game concept, and specifically what makes a compelling game. This course focuses on the conceptual underpinnings of games
- Cloning of sprites
- Commands, Sequence & Loops
- Conditional statements and Timers
- Variables & Operators
- Communication between sprites
- Multi-level games design
- Simple game hacks
- Solving errors in code
What can you create in Scratch? (DAY 1)
Keyboard & Mouse controlled game ( DAY 2)
Wonders in Code.org (DAY 3)
Birthday greeting in code.org (DAY 4)
Math calculator game (DAY 5)
Coordinates & Sensing in Scratch (DAY 6)
Flappy Bird Game in code.org (DAY 7)
Variable & Operation Blocks in Scratch (DAY 8)
Multiplayer Game. (DAY 9)
Lets Rescue our astronaut in code.org (DAY 10)
Exploring Blockly and Grasshopper (DAY 11)
Lets play Football (DAY 12)
Making a Chat Bot (DAY 13)
Cheese and Mouse Game & Space Surfer (DAY 14)
What is Debugging (DAY 15)
Presentation (DAY 16)
0.00 average based on 0 ratings